Friday Night Funkin’ is one of the most popular games of the moment and its growth since its launch in November 2020 has been enormous, becoming one of the most played video games of 2021 worldwide. That is why what was originally a game designed for computers, has been adapted to other platforms. In the first instance came out the Unblocked version of Friday Night Funkin’, where we could play FNF from our browser without having the game installed on the computer; later FNF APK was developed, in which we could enjoy in our Android devices of this magnificent game; and finally it has been the turn of consoles, we already have available Friday Night Funkin’ (FNF) for Nintendo Switch.
How to play Friday Night Funkin’ on Nintendo Switch
Friday Night Funkin’ is not yet available in the catalog of Nintendo games for its Switch console. However, we can perform a process by which we can “port” FNF within the console so that we can play the official version of the game from the Nintendo Switch. The process to perform this management we explain below:
- The first step is to download the file that will allow us to play Friday Night Funkin’ on Nintendo Switch from the following link:
- We will have to unzip the file and keep the “funkin-rewritten” folder.
- Before following with more indications we will have to have done the process of checking that our Nintendo Switch is Moddeable and have installed Atmosphere NX.
- Now we will have to access the microSD memory card of our Nintendo Switch from our computer.
- Posteriorly we will open the folder named “switch.”
- Download the folder named “switch.”
- Delete the folder “funkin-rewritten” inside the folder named “switch”.
- Then open the folder named “switch”.
- Place the microSD card back into the device.
- Power on the microSD card.
- Turn on the Nintendo Switch.
- Access the “hbmenu”
- Look for the Friday Night Funkin’ Rewritten file and press A.
- We will be able to play the game.
- You can now play FNF on Nintendo Switch.
Here we attach an explanatory video on how to perform this whole process:
Friday Night Funkin’ version available on Nintendo Switch
Nintendo Switch has an application called video game studio, something similar to Super Mario Maker 2, but that allows us much broader creations than Super Mario Maker, that is to say that we will be able to create video games for Nintendo Switch through this program.
Through this program many Friday Night Funkin’ fans have created several versions of the different weeks of FNF for Nintendo Switch. However, the quality they have is not the most optimal, since the animations of the characters are bad or nonexistent, the rhythm of the music does not usually fit with the charts ….
Therefore we recommend you much more to install the version of FNF for Switch as we explained in the previous section.
Nintendo refuses to include (for now) Friday Night Funkin’ on Switch
The official developers of Friday Night Funkin’ sent a version with the first 7 weeks of the game to Nintendo to release them for free on the Nintendo Switch console. However, the company Nintendo rejected at least for the moment this request, and also did not give reasons why they rejected the game, however, it is assumed that this has been because Friday Night Funkin’ is not yet in its final version, and that the game is still in development, and that they prefer to wait for the completion of the game to be available officially on Nintendo Switch.